PURPOSEFUL PLAY FOR KIDS
Want to build a brighter future for your young ones? We can provide your children with the care and recreation to coincide with your adult meeting sessions- morning, afternoon or evening. Childcare sessions are typically 3 hours long and include fun, age-appropriate activities that engage children with the natural world and inspire creativity and imagination. Programs can be modified to fit the focus and needs of your conference group.
- Early Childhood (Ages 3-5): Blue Ridge has a special children’s room equipped with age-appropriate materials for little ones. The room reflects the mountain environment and God’s love in the toys, stories, songs, crafts and people working with your children. Weather permitting, children will take a short nature hike through the woods on our early childhood trail to our playground which is designed to be part of the mountain adventure experience. [Minimum 6 ]
- School-age: (Ages 6-10): We provide a fun and exciting agenda which includes selections from our Environmental Awareness activities as well as games, crafts, and storytelling. Activities are appropriate for the number of children, age-range and focus of the conference theme. [Minimum 12]
Our staff provides supervision, motivation and learning in a nurturing atmosphere. All programs conform to child care laws of the state of North Carolina. It is important to us that our young guests have a fun and safe time.
The following child-care guidelines are included in our policies:
- There is 2 staff present at all times with each group of children. An adult is never alone with a child.
- There is a staff to child ratio of at least 1:4 in the early childhood room and 1:6 for the school-age groups.
- There are no more than 25 children in a group.
- There are sign-in/ sign-out procedures for children. Parents/guardians are required to show identification when dropping off and picking up children.
- Criminal background checks are conducted on each staff member and volunteer. Required staff training includes first aid certification, CPR, child abuse prevention training, hand washing, behavior management, and emergency procedures. Physical and emotional punishments are not acceptable.
- Children must be at least 3 years old and potty-trained – not in diapers or pull-ups. Groups must make advance arrangements of their own for the care of any children under age 3.